Cathy Cashwell was a United States Postal Worker! Yeah! Neither rain, sleet, snow or hail would prevent her from… what’s that? Disability? Oh.
Cashwell filed worker’s compensation paperwork in 2011 claiming she couldn’t lift mail trays into a truck due to a shoulder injury she received in 2004 while on the job. She said she “couldn’t stand, sit, kneel, squat, climb, bend, reach or grasp.” She wrote that right on the disability claim form.
Unfortunately for her, she popped over to the Price Is Right studios one day, and they called her down. She got the winning bid, and during the half segment they have to determine who’s going to the Showcase Showdown…
She spun the big wheel. Twice. On television.
Someone saw that and ratted her out. And then someone else saw her zip-lining on vacation with her husband in 2010 and lifting and carrying bags of groceries with both arms in 2011.
Well now she’s been convicted of fraud, and set to be sentenced in September. She is one dumb woman. She’s not the only person committing fraud, by any stretch. Not at all. But she IS the only one appearing on a fucking game show.
- Game show appearance sinks worker’s comp claim (fox4kc.com)
- ‘Injured’ postal worker busted for fraud after appearance on ‘Price is Right’ (foxnews.com)
- “Price is Right” appearance exposes postal worker’s fraud (cbsnews.com)
- NC postal carrier convicted of fraud after ‘Price is Right’ appearance (myfox8.com)
- Busted! ‘Injured’ Postal Worker Shows Up On ‘Price Is Right’ (mikesright.wordpress.com)