Do you know the meaning of your name, and why your parents chose it? Do you think it suits you? What about your children’s names?
Well, Daily Prompt, the meaning of my name is simple.
Edward: an English given name. It is derived from Old English words ead (meaning ‘wealth’, ‘fortune’ or ‘prosperous’) and weard (meaning ‘guardian’ or ‘protector’). It also means ‘likely to get definitions from Wikipedia’.
Chiasmus: the figure of speech in which two or more clauses are related to each other through a reversal of structures in order to make a larger point; that is, the clauses display inverted parallelism; a reversal in the order of words in two otherwise parallel phrases, as “flowers are lovely, love is flowerlike”. Solely chosen so the acronym for Edward Chiasmus Hotspur Organization spells out ‘ECHO’.
Hotspur: an impetuous or reckless person; a hothead. An impetuous or fiery person. The name Hotspur was a powerful name – it was a name that had come to symbolise British strength and determination, plus flamboyance, risk taking and the like.
The name Hotspur is a Shakespearean baby name. In Shakespearean the meaning of the name Hotspur is: King Henry IV, Part 1′ and ‘King Richard The Second’ Henry Percy, surnamed Hotspur, son of the Earl of Northumberland.
SoulUrge Number: 9
People with this name have a deep inner desire to serve humanity and to give to others by sharing money, knowledge and experience, or creative and artistic ability.
Expression Number: 9
People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.
So that’s it, then. Some of this stuff I did not know.
- When my granny was young | Bright Moments Catcher
- Natalie Elizabeth. | Natalie Elizabeth Beech
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Identity
- Name that… You! | Geek Ergo Sum
- What’s in a Name? « RPMAS
- What’s in a Name? | meanderedwanderings
- Facebook and Cheap Trick: I’d like you to like me | DCMontreal
- There’s no (censored) “D” in my name | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: The Born Identity | Creative Mysteries
- MASIDO | Hellen Masido
- Phoneography Weekly: What lies under the bushes | We Live In A Flat
- Daily Prompt: Name that…You! « Mama Bear Musings
- What’s in a name? | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends