This is a pretty interesting Daily Prompt question:
When you were 16, what did you think your life would look like? Does it look like that? Is that a good thing?
When I was 16, I thought I would be with an amazing woman and have some great kids, a huge house and a lot of money, and lots of friends, and go to lots of different places traveling, and have a great job. I didn’t know the form all that would take, or the ages, and I’m pretty sure the great job may have involved me singing in a band. Well, I’m not in a band, and I don’t travel that much, and I don’t have a LOT of money, but… I am with an amazing woman and I do have great kids. My house is pretty big, I suppose, and as jobs go, to the extent that any desk job can be “great”, I suppose there could be worse jobs to have. I’m happy, and I’m satisfied. I guess I’ve known what I wanted for quite some time…
But wow, at the time I had just gotten my driver’s license, and had a nice girlfriend, and I was doing well in school, and I hadn’t thought much beyond college. I had no idea that in a year’s time I’d fall in ‘love’ for the first time – and I say that in quotes because looking back, that was a hilarious whispering breath compared to the belted-out duets I have now with my wife.
So for the most part, it looks like that, and that is definitely a good thing.
- Cleaned Me Out – A Daily Prompt Post (edwardhotspur.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt ~ Sweet Sixteen (Delusions of Grandeur) (thecheekydiva.com)
- What I Like About Me – A Daily Prompt Post (lyricalanarchy.wordpress.com)
- My Life In 4 Hours – A Daily Prompt Post (edwardhotspur.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen (jdcgzm.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Sweet Sixteen (theevolvingdad.wordpress.com)
- If At First You Don’t Succeed – A Daily Prompt Post (edwardhotspur.wordpress.com)
- New post Daily Prompt: Breaking the Law (thebeltanedaily.wordpress.com)