Oh, Daily Prompt - you so silly. The ideas you have, so sassy crazy cool. Like this one:
What’s the most time you’ve ever spent apart from your favorite person? Tell us about it.
Every year for quite a while, sometimes twice a year, my wife has taken the kids and gone to visit her sister. The longest this has happened is for ten days. And this is what happens every single time:
- I think about the chore, task, job, etc. that I have to do while everyone is gone. Remodel the bathroom, redo the patio, spray the yard, paint the kitchen, fix the roof, etc. etc., all sorts of things.
- Day One: They’re gone. YEAH! *fist pump* A week to myself! Man, this is gonna be fun!
- Day One, later that day: I miss you guys so much. It’s lonely. That reminds me of you, honey. There’s something that reminds me of you kids. There’s that other thing that reminds me of….
- Day Two-Five: Run around and do the chore I meant to do. Change the plan, my mind, the color, style, approach, materials, etc., about a million times. Take pictures to send to the wife. Get feedback. Change the plan, my mind, the color, style, approach, materials, etc., back to what we agreed on, given certain mild approved changes.
- Days >Five: Talk on the phone about how much I miss them and can’t wait to see them all. Do not talk about how I’m still technically working on the plan, and will still be working on it up to 5 minutes before they get here.
- They get back. I am so happy.
- Do something with the kids. They go to bed.
- Do something with the wife. [censored]
Yeah, remodeling the bathroom was what I did the last time they all left. It was sad to see the last model go, but you know, sometimes you just have to go with a different model. This time, I chose Alessandra Ambrosio. She’s been in the bathroom since June, and we couldn’t be happier.