I got this little challenge from Benzeknees and I’m gonna do it – and for comical reasons, I will not gendershift my answers! Fun stuff! I’ll just get right to it, since I know how to please all the people all the time. She only did the first 15, so I’m gonna do 16, because I want to be original, but not too original. I know it says “30-DAY Challenge” but why prolong it?
1) Five ways to win my heart – Be passionate about something unashamedly, get awesome zingers in (especially on me), like my music, laugh at my shit, and be the one who drags me out of my shell/funk/doldrums/whatever.
2) Something you feel strongly about – Sanity? That and taking responsibility for and not abandoning your children.
3) A book you love – The Bridge Across Forever, by Richard Bach
4) Bullet your whole day
- Wake up
- Fall out of bed
- Drag a comb across my… I mean, get coffee
- Shower and etc.
- Drive to work
- Sleep, surf the net, etc. Just kidding. Work my fucking ass off
- Walk for 30-45 minutes during lunchtime
- Eat lunch at my desk
- Go to the gym after work
- Super fun family time
- Read the boys a story
- Super fun grown up time
- Pass out from the drugs, alcohol and absinthe
5) Things you want to say to an ex – um… I don’t really… I haven’t even SEEN an ex for like 17 years.
6) Your views on mainstream music – improving lately because of the indie scene, but still suckasaurus for the most part
7) Five pet peeves – smoking, drugs, religion, blind following, no sense of humor
8) What you ate today – bad day for food, because a rough work day. Breakfast – coffee and one egg. Lunch – powerbar, then a few hours later another one. Dinner – rice, peppers, onions, beef….. Snack – Brach’s Autumn Mix
9) How important you think education is – Extremely. Wish they focused as much on finances as they do on English, and wish they focused more on the world and less on down the street, so to speak.
10) Shuffle – Ah, crap – hey look, 60% in English (30% American)!
- Gazette – Gabriel in the Gallows
- Kagrra – Kaze no Kioku
- Circos y Magos – Verdad
- Samia Farah – Je Sais
- Kimbra – Settle Down
- ATB – What About Us
- Deftones – You’ve Seen The Butcher
- The Hives – Tick Tick Boom
- Symphony of Science (F. Sagan, Feynman, Nye and De Grasse Tyson) – We Are All Connected
- Black Kids – I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (The Twelves Remix)
11) Your family – well, go vote for me in Blogger Idol and read my post! (Me, Wife, Chrissie, Lawyer, James Dean) and then add Daria, who doesn’t live here anymore because she showed up married one day.
12) Five guys whom you find attractive – Uruha, Robert Downey Jr., Johnny Depp, David Beckham, Hugh Jackman (This was hard to narrow down)
13) Your opinion about your body – I like it a lot better now than I did 14 months ago when I was 30 pounds heavier and weak. Now I worked out, put on muscle, watched my calories with MyFitnessPal, and got balanced cardio and weight training on a regular basis. The key is “exercise is a process, not an event” – in other words, it does no good to work out really hard one day, and does no harm to pig out one day, if the rest of the days are fairly normal
14) What you wore today – Black slip-ons, khakis, polo
15) Zodiac – West, Capricorn – East, Monkey. These are all so vague, any of them will fit nearly any personality.
16) Something you always think ‘what if’ about – what if I had finished my novel two years ago?
Okay, that’s good. I’ll do the rest some other time – like when I see someone else do the rest. Thanks Benzeknees! Good questions.